A CAR seller sent a rude buyer on a 12-mile wild goose chase after being bombarded with foul-mouthed messages demanding a £9,000 discount.

Rob Keen was stunned when the cheeky customer - who offered just £6,000 in cash for the £15,000 Audi - branded him an "absolute d***head" when he turned down his bid.

The computer sciences student decided to take him for a ride by letting him believe he had buckled under the pressure and would drop the price on the 2014 Audi TT Black Edition S Quattro.

The pair continued to exchange messages for an hour - with the smug unnamed buyer bragging: "I no my stuff mate, been in the car game for years" before requesting Rob’s address.

Prankster Rob, 32, sent an address he picked at random on Google - and it was only when the furious buyer couldn’t spot the Audi on the driveway that he realised he’d been played.

The fuming customer ended the 43-message exchange with a thinly-veiled threat, writing: "Do you know who you’re messing with?" - before signing off: "I’ll find you".

Rob, from Worcester, said: “I’m always winding people up - I relish this sort of thing.

“I don’t do it unless it’s justified. I don’t go out of my way to be an idiot."

Explaining how he was approached with the odder, Rob said: “He texted me about it out of the blue early in the morning and made an insulting offer of £6,000.

“I tried to be polite about it first off because everyone’s going to try their luck, but what made me think I was going to wind him up was when he got a bit aggressive.

“Every message I got from him was a surprise, I couldn't believe he was going along with it.

“Reading it back it seems quite obvious I’m taking him for a ride but he obviously doesn’t have the IQ to understand that kind of thing.

“I was just pottering around the house getting stuff ready for uni and doing all my food prep.

“The angrier he got the funnier it was.”

Rob hasn’t had any more bids placed by his enraged mystery buyer.

Rob said: “I’ve not heard anything else from him. I blocked his number once I got bored of it.”

The advert, shared on Facebook Marketplace, describes the car as having 55,000 miles on the clock, a full Audi service history and heated leather seats.

Rob said: “It’s in excellent condition, I love cars and change them regularly - I get bored of them.

"If anyone is interested in putting in a serious offer get in touch, I'll even pass on my real address."