THREE men are dead after a shooting in a Californian bowling alley - as a horror video emerges showing the blood-spattered aftermath with victims pleading for help

Cops swarmed the Gable House Bowl in Torrance in the early hours of this morning after a deadly brawl broke out, witnesses claim.

A video taken immediately after the shooting shows shocking scenes of rapidly made barricades as people cowered under tables near the crossfire.

Screaming children can be heard as a distressed woman shouts at a panicked police officer to rush her bloodied friend to hospital.

She calls out: "You have to get an ambulance now! I'm holding it, I'm putting pressure."

The cop cuts through the victim's blood-stained shirt as he lies motionless on the carpet near the arcade, and the woman yells for someone to "call his f***ing baby mumma please".

D Ryon Thomas, who posted the video, wrote on Facebook: "Gunshot fired. I'm okay just my few scraping on my legs. I heard ppl died n injured.

"I was distance away but people ran in our room."

Four were left injured as chaos overtook the popular gaming centre, full of people celebrating birthdays and Friday night out.

It is unclear still why the fight may have broken out and if there was more than one shooter, after terrified people ran for cover amid karaoke and bowling rounds.

No arrests have been made yet, hours after stunned witnesses looked through photographs of possible shooters outside the building.

Wes Hamad, a 29-year-old Torrance resident, was at the bowling alley with his 13-year-old niece and cousin when he saw a "huge fight" break out.

He said the brawl, which lasted about five minutes, blocked the entrance of Gable House Bowl and devolved into "complete chaos."

"I grabbed my niece and started running towards the far end of the bowling alley," he said. "As we were running, we heard 15 shots."

As he was leaving, he saw a woman weeping over a man who was riddled with multiple gunshot wounds in his head and neck.

Damone Thomas was in the karaoke section of Gable House Bowl, a regular stop for him and his friends after work on Fridays, when people ran in saying there was a shooting.

The 30-year-old Los Angeles resident said his friend flipped over one of the tables to shield them as they heard gunshots.

He said he hasn't been able to fall asleep since, adding: "Closing my eyes, all I can see is the women against the wall crying, not knowing what to do."

Witnesses gathered in shock outside the bowling alley, unsure if loved ones had been hurt or killed, with some seen vomiting in shock.

A 31-year-old man, Brandon Tyre, told the LA Times he was inside celebrating a friend's birthday.

He said a fight broke out before there were gunshots, and he saw his brother had been shot in the chest - he didn't know if he had survived.

Jesus Perez told the newspaper: "We just ran right into the bar and took cover. All we heard was just, like two people got shot.

"We heard there was a big fight before that. We just ran into the bar and we just took cover because after the fight we heard pop pop."

Police urged people to "stay away from the area" near the bowling alley.

The incident is said to have taken place at around 12.20am local time.

A woman posted on social media: "My mom was at the Gable House tonight celebrating her birthday and a shooting broke out!"

Gable House is described on its website as a gaming venue that offers bowling, laser tag and a full arcade.

Torrance, California, is a coastal city about 20 miles from Los Angeles.