A BONE-chilling photo captures the eerie moment three pals are photobombed by a figure with glowing eyes.

Gian Gonzalez, 17, was returning from a beach in Catalonia, Spain, at 2am last week with his mates Diego and Teo, when he took a photo of them.

Later on the trio inspected the picture and noticed a spooky presence standing next to them.

Gonzalez said: “I took the picture on a beach called Perello. At first, not one of us saw anything strange in the photo.

“But when we finally get home, Diego started looking [through] the pics that we took and he told me about that one.

“Obviously my first reaction was laughing about it and thinking that it was an error from my camera.

“But then I posted it online and people started talking about a person behind Diego. In that moment all of us got really scared.”

Gonzalez said none of the group felt anything strange at the time, and they had no idea what the apparition could be.

In the unedited photo, Diego and Teo can be seen in the darkness illuminated by their phones, with only two pale dots over Diego’s shoulder.

But when the photo was shared online, others turned up the brightness and revealed a shadowy, skeletal figure next to the teen.

Some have suggested the eyes could have been an owl’s reflecting the light, but Gonzalez was not convinced.

“There are no owls where I live,” he said.

Others said it could simply be light reflecting off Diego’s glasses.

“It makes no sense that the glasses reflect light behind him,” Gonzalez said.

This isn't the first time spectral figures have appeared to photobomb, with a Manchester family capturing their own spooky intruder in April.