Looking forward to some cool wet season weather? You might have to wait a little longer, with the Bureau of Meteorology reporting the build-up weather will be “at its worst” for the next few days.

As the wet season approaches, Territorians might have hoped the worst of the heat was over.

Unfortunately, the next few days are expected to bring nothing but hot nights and sunny days.

The end of November, which marks the end of the sticky build-up, is usually a joyous occasion across the NT.

Born and bred Territorian, Nicholas Saroukos said he has noticed the heat recently.

“The last two years it’s just gotten ridiculously hot. I was born and raised here, and I can tell a big difference. I’m normally an outdoor person but yesterday I was inside all day.”

Mr Saroukos said if Territorians wanted to cool down over the coming days, they needed to invest in a sprinkler.

“You can’t use a pool anymore because the water is too hot. The best thing to do to cool down is to sit in the shade in your garden and turn the sprinkler on. The breeze comes through and blows a fine mist on you” he said.

The Bureau of Meteorology said this weekend’s temperatures were predicted to be hotter than average with high dew points. A spokeswoman said there was only a slight chance of showers and storms.

“Warm westerly winds across the Top End are leading to hot and humid conditions continuing, both daytime and overnight for the early part of this week,” she said.