Two frozen bodies, dressed in clothing dating from the period of World War II, have been found in the Alps. The couple had disappeared at a height of 8,530ft in August 1942.

Marcelin and Francine Dumoulin vanished in August 1942. They were reportedly on their way to feed their cows in a field near the village of Chandolin in Switzerland.
Now, 75 years later, two frozen bodies, believed to be theirs, were found in the Alps.
When they disappeared at a height of 8,530 feet, Marcelin was 40 years old and Francine was 37. A DNA test will be conducted to confirm the identity of the couple.
The couple's seven children never gave up on the hope of finding them. Dumoulin family's youngest daughter, who is now 79 years old, said that she spent her whole life looking for them, and after 75 years of waiting for this news, it gives her a "deep sense of calm".
After the couple went missing, their five sons and two daughters were separated and placed with different families.
According to the local police, the bodies were discovered on Tsanfleuron glacier above a resort. A worker from ski-lift company, Glacier 3000, found the bodies.
Director Bernhard Tschannen said his employee found some backpacks, tin bowls and a glass bottle. The worker saw male and female shoes and a part of a body under the ice. According to Tschannen, it was likely that the couple had fallen into a crevasse.
"The bodies were lying near each other. It was a man and a woman wearing clothing dating from the period of World War Two," he told Le Matin.
A book, backpack and a watch had been taken for forensic analysis, reported BBC .
Back in 1942, a two-and-a-half month search could not discover what happened to the couple. Even their children independently carried a search over the years.
"I climbed three times on the glacier afterwards, always looking for them. I kept wondering if they had suffered and what they had become. I have the pleasure of having answers to these questions from now on", said their youngest daughter, Udry-Dumoulin.
The children are planning a funeral once the formal identification process is completed and the remains are released by police.