AN admirer has been showering female MPs with £20,000 of jewellery for two decades.

Today The Sun on Sunday can identify him as retired social worker Mike Huron, who sends the gifts 4,000 miles to Westminster from the US.

His charm offensive came to light after Tory MP Andrea Jenkyns, 44, received a diamond-encrusted, 10ct gold heart-shaped pendant worth £382, and a crucifix valued at £134, in the same week.

But Mike, 63, started writing to British politicians in 1997 after seeing then Speaker Betty Boothroyd on a TV channel in the US which shows Commons debates.

She responded and Mike has since been in touch with scores of MPs, including prime ministers.

He only sends jewellery to women.

At his home in Huntington, West Virginia, yesterday he told The Sun on Sunday: “They’re doing a good job and it is a nice thing to do.”

“I’ve been writing to Theresa May a lot recently and I was just going to check to see she had written back yet.

“I sent a letter to her on Monday, telling her she’s doing a good job.

"She has never replied but I keep on writing to her about issues I am interested in, like problems with world population, the NHS, Brexit and the Russian poisoning business.

“I’m a Republican and I voted for Donald Trump but I haven’t written to her about him yet.

"And I haven’t sent her any jewellery either.

“Tony Blair and I corresponded back and forth and Gordon Brown.

"But David Cameron was the best.

"I sent letters of condolence when his father Ian died and he sent me a card back, the same when Margaret Thatcher died. “

He keeps photographs Cameron sent him on his bedroom dresser – along with a snapshot of current Speaker John Bercow.

Mike does not have a passport and has never been to the UK but said US politicians “aren’t half as interesting” as ours.

Former Tory Cabinet minister Maria Miller got jewellery worth £393 in 2015 and donated it to charity.

Mike buys his gifts discounted but his gestures have cost British taxpayers thousands.

MPs have to pay import duty when the presents are delivered — and most of them charge it to their expenses.