IT’S oh-so-very GC. A woman’s accidental flash that was broadcast to a global audience of 1.5 billion people has lit up social media during the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.

The performer’s bare bum was screenshot and quickly spread like wildfire on Twitter after she suffered a wardrobe malfunction during the sandpit beach performance.

The unidentified young woman’s flash happened during a ‘Superman-style’ outfit change behind three small beach towels in the middle of the arena.

Social media immediately lit up with puns about the now famous rear-end including ‘cracker of a show’, ‘ass gate’, ‘I thought this was a family show’ and ‘G’day and welcome to the Gold Coast’.

Another Tweeted: ‘Imagine people from all around the world have seen your bare butt. This must be what it feels like to be a Kardashian.”

Prince Charles wasn’t immune to the rear-end ridicule with users posting a side-by-side photo meme of the Royal glancing back toward the bare butt with the caption ‘can’t take him anywhere’.

The Gold Coast’s moment to shine was largely panned on social media as ‘boring’ and ‘cringe-worthy’.

“I think I’d be embarrassed to be from the Gold Coast watching this, there isn’t much that isn’t cringe-worthy,” Tweeted one user while another asked ‘is this the best we can do?’

The baton also copped it, called a ‘big rubber band’ and ‘The Baton. By Dyson’.

But there was plenty to love about the opening ceremony with social media users applauding the inclusive sections.

“I thought the opening ceremony was very inclusive and showcased Australia’s deep cultural heritage. One all #Australians can be proud of!,” wrote Duncan Bradley.

Others wrote “so proud to be Aboriginal” and “in tears watching the Aboriginal flag be raised and our culture so majorly celebrated during this incredibly beautiful moment.”

Chris Lees wrote “say what you want, the best part of the opening ceremony has been the inclusivity.”

The fun nature of the Gold Coast wasn’t lost on the globe with the internet loving Funky Town on repeat and the beach scene: ‘OK, this beach set is cute. You win this bit, producer,’ wrote one.

While Aussies were quick to poke fun at the lack of knowledge about the second verse of the national anthem.

“If you really wanted to represent real Australia, that second verse should’ve been mumbled awkwardly,” wrote one Tweeter while another said “The second verse is where most people go: Oh? What? Do I keep pretending I know the words and mumble something?”

And Schapelle Corby couldn’t be forgotten.

“Schapelle better be holding the Boogie Board for #Aus I swear to f*cking God,” wrote one.