Sky Sports News' Gemma Davies checks in from Miami ahead of the England team's arrival in the United States.

Roy Hodgson and his squad are on their way to Miami for the next part of their World Cup preparations, and the Sky Sports News crew are here ready to greet them.

Asides from us, what awaits them is heat, humidity and thunderstorms that will prepare them for Brazil. And if they're anything like me they'll have a bit of jet lag to counter too.

I sit writing this from Miami at 5am, looking out from my hotel window, feeling the effects of crossing time zones and the Atlantic. But once I'm over this initial adjustment there won't be this feeling for a few weeks - as for myself and some of the other Sky Sports News crew, like England, this officially marks the start of our World Cup campaign.

England came through their Peru friendly on Friday without injury concerns, but the same can't be said of me who didn't even make it to Heathrow airport without picking up a World Cup injury.

Whilst weighing my rather heavy suitcase (optimistically packing for a long trip following England) my luggage scales couldn't hold the grip of weeks' worth of shoes, shampoo and waterproof clothing, and flew up to smack me in the mouth and burst my lip! Fortunately a bit of swelling was the only result and it didn't stop me taking my place in the SSN squad for Brazil.

Now we're in America, it really does feel like the hard work starts - for us and for England. On Monday afternoon we'll hear from some of the England players from a glamorous poolside setting in Miami. But back-up plans are already in place for an indoor location if the weather doesn't hold up. After the wind and rain at the 'warm-weather' training camp in Portugal last week, it seems the weather will be a frequent theme of this trip.

Before the Peru match Steven Gerrard told us he wouldn't call the mood in the England camp relaxed - he'd prefer to call it focused. And that's how it feels for us too.

In just over a week we'll be on our way to Rio having seen England play another two warm-up games. The World Cup is getting nearer and I just can't wait...