NO point sledging Casper Ware about his early-season slump because the Melbourne United star’s biggest fan has nailed it.

Ware is used to getting direct feedback — with love — from his father, Casper Snr, and quite often it is actually during games via text message.

Ware Snr doesn’t miss a beat, watching the NBL stream at home in Los Angeles.

So when Ware was held to an equal-career-low five points last Sunday — shooting a miserable 2-12 from the field — the championship-winning point guard expected his father to up the ante.

“Am I going to get my son in this next game or is somebody else going to show up?” Ware Snr wrote in a phone conversation to his son this week.

It had the desired effect on Ware, who owns the lowest field goal percentage at United so far this season but is backing himself to turn it around, starting tomorrow against Perth Wildcats.

“Every basketball player goes through it,” a frustrated Ware said.

“If I said I made every shot I shot, I’d be an NBA product right now.

“You go through it and (I’ve just got to) work my way out of it.”

United has shortened training sessions this week, focused on quality over quantity.

The club’s leaders have also taken a stand to get the competitive juices flowing in practice.

It ultimately led to Ware and Chris Goulding trading barbs during a fiery session last Thursday.

“He (Goulding) started it, but I finished it,” Ware said.

“We’ve got to practice like we’re playing the game.

“They’re (Wildcats) not going to be nice to us in the game so no reason to be nice in practice.

“Hopefully nobody else starts trash talking me (on Saturday), I went through quite a lot of that last year but if it happens, I’m quite sure I’ll do something about it.”

Ware has averaged 17.8 points and 4.6 assists across 49 NBL games at United.