BCB have prepared a list of spinners whom they would like to train under Vettori © BCB

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is determined to get the most out of spin bowling consultant Daniel Vettori as they engaged the New Zealander to work with young and budding spinners along with some seasoned campaigners outside the national team to develop their slow bowlers.

There was criticism going around in the country's cricket fraternity regarding the way BCB opted to use Vettori earlier as their spin consultant as they preferred to limit his engagements only with the national cricketers during his stay with them during a series or a tour.

Later, Cricbuzz reported that BCB is planning to tweak the contract of Vettori so that he can work with a larger group of spinners during his 100-day period with Bangladesh ahead of the T20 World Cup to be held in Australia later this year. As per the deal, Vettori receives USD 2500 per day.

BCB took the first step towards the direction of developing the spinners by engaging Vettori with four spinners - leg spinner Aminul Islam Biplob, former national star Nazmul Apu, uncapped off-spinner Tanvir Islam and ICC Under-19 World Cup-winning left-arm spinner Hasan Murad - who are not part of the ODI set-up that will face Zimbabwe in the three-match ODI's series against Zimbabwe - at the academy nets for an intense training session that lasted from morning till evening where the legendary spinner was busy trying to look after his charges and giving them few tips in between.

BCB have prepared a list of spinners whom they would like to train under Vettori and on each occasion, there are likely to be four to five spinners working with him intensely.

BCB cricket operation chairman Akram Khan revealed to Cricbuzz on Wednesday that they have opted to take this route so that they can get the most out of Vettori.

''We have planned to give our potential spinners [who are not in the national dressing room] a chance to work with Vettori so that he can help them develop during his tenure as the national spin consultant. Because developing only spinners of national team won't serve our purpose totally,'' said Akram.

''We have decided to send Nayeem Hasan [off-spinner] and Aminul Islam[ leg spinner] to Sylhet despite them not being a part of the ODI squad so that they can work with Vettori in the upcoming days,'' he said.

Vettori, who had taken over from Sunil Joshi as Bangladesh's new spin bowling consultant, said that that he is looking forward to the challenge, adding that he sees huge potential among the local spinners.

"I think it's just about getting fuel for the young Bangladeshi spinners coming through and getting to meet them, also have seen few of them on TV, coming through the under-19's,'' Vettori told reporters after the practice session. "My role here is to help out not only the international players but also the young developing guys.

''And the messages are very similar and the bowlers are very similar and they are very skilled. And that's the very highly pleasing thing, I mean they are on the skill level like these guys have. If you look at the likes of Nayeem a couple of years ago he was a player of U-19s... it's good to see how quickly he developed and how skillful he is, so I'm pretty lucky that I get to work with such good bowlers,'' he said.

''Actually not a huge amount to change around. It is just about giving them some experience, just giving them some understanding of how they can be a little bit better. Majority of them have good knowledge of how they have to perform,'' he said.

''They (Hasan Murad & Tanvir Islam) bowled really well. I think bowling in the net is different than the game. Getting the chance to work with them in here, then see them in the game is the most important thing and that's the thing I enjoyed with the likes like Taijul, Nayeem and Miraj... that they can do some stuff here and see if they can implement that on the field. I think for the moment, it's just getting to know them, getting to know their skills and strength,'' he said.

Meanwhile, Under 19 left-arm spinner Hasan Murad was elated to work with Vettori. ''It was a really good session. It was our first day of practice session and he observed our bowling and pointed out the problems. He was showing me variations and telling me about the advantages of changing bowling position,'' said Murad.

''There is not much change. He is a good bowling coach. I did a couple of sessions with him, they were really helpful outings. He is pointing out the small issues which have had a huge impact overall,'' he said. ''He also helped me work on my release points, variations. He is also helping me in improving my natural variations as well."