Manchester City's Albert Rusnak hopes to stay on loan at Cambuur Leeuwarden until the end of the season but admits the decision is out of his hands.

The Slovakian midfielder has been loaned to the Dutch club for six months and has made an instant impact, scoring two goals in five appearances.

The 20-year-old is loving his time with the club, who are currently riding high in third in the Eredivisie, but he admits he does not know what the future will hold.

In comments reported by Dutch paper Algemeen Dagblad, Rusnak is quoted as saying: “In the Eredivisie, the focus is not on the physical, but on technique. Therefore I am here in the right place.

“Manchester City is following me, so I am told. I prefer to end the season here at Cambuur, but that decision is not in my hands. That is not the prettiest feeling.”

Regarding Cambuur’s unbeaten start to the campaign, Rusnak added: “It’s fantastic what is happening here.

“The whole of the Netherlands is surprised about our way of playing and the points we gain. I am not, as I know how we work here.

“Cambuur has a clear philosophy. We hunt down our opponent. We play technical, aggressive and attacking (football).

“We are working hard on that every day and that shows in our games.”