The U.S. fell out of the top five in the medal race, but after strong performances in figure skating, women's halfpipe, snowboarding's big air and women's hockey, Team USA has the potential to move up the rankings during Monday's coverage.

Three pairs of American figure skaters competed in the short dance portion of the mixed ice dance with duo Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue finishing in the top three with a score of 77.75. Sibling duo Maia and Alex Shibutani were right behind them in fourth (77.73) while Madison Chock and Evan Bates were seventh (75.45). The Americans will be chasing Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir who took the top spot (83.67) while France's Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron (81.93) enter the free dance second.

Team USA will have three skiers compete in the halfpipe with Brita Sigourney leading the Americans. She qualified third with a best score of 90.60. Teammate Annalisa Drew was right behind her with a 86.00 while Maddie Bowman, who is the defending Olympic champion in this event, enters sixth with a score of 83.80.

Pyeongchang marks the first Olympic debut of snowboarding's big air event, and Team USA saw success in the qualifying round sending three athletes to the finals. Jamie Anderson, who already won gold in the slopestyle, qualified sixth with 90 points while Julia Marino was ninth (85.20) and Jessika Jenson was 12th (76.25).

The Americans had strong races in the women's 500m of the speedskating program with Brittany Bowe rounding out the top 5 with a time of 37.530, only 0.59 seconds behind first place's Nao Kodaira of Japan. American Heather Bergsma was 11th in a time of 38.13 while Erin Jackson, who has only competed on the ice four months, was 24th with a 39.20.

Team USA didn't have a strong showing in the men's cross-country 4x10km relay as Noah Hoffman, Reese Hanneman, Scott Patterson and Andrew Newell finished in the last spot (14th) with a time of 1:42.29.1. The U.S.'s time was over two seconds behind the next closest finisher and nine seconds behind Norway's team of four who took gold with a 1:33:04.9.

In the men's aerials, Jonathon Lillis qualified first for the U.S. with a score of 127.44, but fell to eighth place during the final runs. He finished with a 95.47 behind UKR Oleksandr Abramenko who took gold (128.51). China's Jia Zongyang finished second (128.05) and Russia's Ilya Burov earned the bronze (122.17).

Who said what?

Lindsey Vonn took training runs as she prepares for her last women's downhill competition, but she's not ready to think about the end of her career just yet. "I've tried not to think about it as it being my last Olympic downhill. Just focus on the moment; the right here and the right now. I think later I'll reflect on how much I enjoyed it and how much my teammates made it special," Vonn said. "I can't get too sentimental right now because I still have to race. I still have to be focused. Afterwards I'll do some reflecting."

Did you see this?

Team USA's women's hockey team didn't waste any time getting on the board in the semifinal against Finland as veteran Gigi Marvin gave the U.S. its first goal of Monday's 5-0 win. The Americans advanced to the gold medal game for the fifth time in the past six Olympics. They'll look to win their first gold medal in 20 years on Wednesday night.

Leave it to the veteran to open the scoring! @Gigimarvin buries one to put @USAhockey up early. #WinterOlympics https://t.co/J3122EbvvD pic.twitter.com/KzXLozkxx3
— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) February 19, 2018
What's next?

In the women's halfpipe of freestyle skiing, Americans Brita Sigourney, Annalisa Drew and Maddie Bowman are looking to add another medal for Team USA. Coverage starts live at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.