Bring it on, Aussies.

Faf du Plessis has urged the Perth Stadium crowd to boo his South African team in the opening one-day international a week tomorrow to help prepare them for the World Cup campaign next year.

Although du Plessis predicted little would be said on or off the field about the ball-tampering scandal at Cape Town this year, which led to Steve Smith, David Warner and Cam Bancroft being suspended by Cricket Australia, he was sure Australian crowds would give his team a hostile reception.

And he hoped West Australian cricket fans would replicate the West Coast supporters whose constant booing at the new stadium this season made the ground intimidating for visiting AFL teams.

“I am hoping it is there for us to get used to as a team,” du Plessis said.

“I go back to Adelaide and the night Test when I walked out to bat and 60,000 people were booing.

Shaun Marsh has pushed through the pressure to defend his spot on the Australian cricket team.

“You have to play in away conditions and it is supposed to be tough.

“That is what makes conditions so challenging when you get to a place where the crowd is intimidating, but it is something youngsters will take a great deal of learning from.

“I certainly learnt a lot about myself from walking out and not getting cheered.

“It tests your character and shows yourself, more than anyone else, what you are capable of.

“I am hoping it is there for us so when you go to a World Cup where there is a lot of crowd noise and it is not for you.”

South Africa will play three one-dayers in Australia next month.

Australia's controversy-plagued tour of South Africa has ended with a 492 run win for the Proteas

The games in Perth, Adelaide and Hobart will be the first contact between the teams since the controversial Test series in South Africa this year.

But du Plessis predicted the competing players would not mention the Cape Town fiasco, when Bancroft was exposed in his attempt to use sandpaper — under instructions from Warner and Smith — to roughen the ball.

Du Plessis said the Australians barely mentioned his own drama in Hobart two years ago when he was found guilty, for the second time, of changing the condition of the ball.

However, the Adelaide Oval crowd was exceptionally hostile during the following Test though the Proteas skipper responded with an undefeated century.

“It will be business as usual and what happened at Newlands is in the past,” he said.

“We are not a team that sledges that much.”