NEW Diamondback Fighting Championship heavyweight titleholder Ben Sosoli still can’t believe how many punches Mike Turner took on the chin.

Reliving his third-round TKO win over Turner last Saturday night at Adelaide Oval, Sosoli, 28, said lesser men wouldn’t have made it outside the first round.

But 35-year-old Turner did, and his while his heart never gave in, it was his body that couldn’t take anymore punishment, dropping to the canvas as Sosoli’s thundering punches rained down.

“I was surprised, I was landing clean shots and I was wondering why he wasn’t going down,” Sosoli told The Advertiser. “I thought there’s no way that he would’ve been able to walk through some of the shots that he did.

“I had nothing left in the gas tank, halfway through the second round I was gone.

“But then I got a massive spray from my coach after the second round and so I just had to keep pushing through.”

The win is huge for Sosoli’s career (7W-2L) and he is now Australia’s number one ranked heavyweight fighter not yet signed to the UFC — the world’s premier mixed martial arts promotion.

One of his coaches, UFC competitor Dan Kelly, suggested his student is only a few wins away from inking a contract with the MMA giant.

While the heavyweights commanded the main event slot, plenty of other fighters proved their worth and fans were treated to 10 first-round finishes over the night.

Matt Dockrill pulled off a slick standing guillotine, submitting Brad Harrop in less than a minute.

Nick Edwards settled his beef with Josh Frank with a devastating knockout, and Sydney’s Joel Kendrick put Jarod Barke out cold with a stunning punch.

DFC will return in June for an amateur show at Golden Grove Recreation Centre before the pros step back inside the cage at Adelaide Oval on August 17.