The Bangladesh all-rounder had earlier said that he is not in a perfect mental and physical state to tour South Africa © BCB
Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib al Hasan is available to play all three formats in 2022 and will after all be travelling to South Africa to take part in the upcoming series, consisting of three ODIs and two Test matches.

The announcement came during a joint press conference held by BCB Nazmul Hasan with Shakib beside him, in Mirpur, after an hour-long closed door meeting.

Shakib had earlier said that he is not in a perfect mental and physical state to tour South Africa. Amidst all that uncertainty over his future, the BCB still handed him an all-format central contract.

''I have spoken with Papon bhai and we could do the plan for the whole year. I will be available in all three formats and the board will decide when to give me rest,'' Shakib told reporters at Mirpur on Saturday.

''I am available for South Africa series,'' Shakib further said. "Now I'm in a better situation (mentally). After going to South Africa, I may get better. It happens sometimes when you go to a better environment you feel good.

Shakib is expected to fly out tomorrow (March 13). However, his inclusion for the series does not guarantee that he will be available for the whole series against South Africa, Nazmul clarified. The board president also said that they will make sure that Shakib receives proper rest.

''We have given him a break. He had said that he is not in his best mental state and it can happen to anyone. Please don't speculate. He can be in a state where decision making could be difficult for him," Nazmul said.

"Today, after a long discussion, he said that he is ready to play in all formats including South Africa series. Earlier, I had told him to rest and think with a cool head. He came today to the board and said that he wants to play. We should all support him. He will go to South Africa but might not play one or two matches but please don't make a noise about it."

The last batch of Bangladesh team left Dhaka on Saturday while on Friday two batches left for South Africa to play the series.