Roy Hodgson's side have won seven straight matches since exiting the World Cup at the first hurdle and the striker believes the continent's best sides will be worried about them

England captain Wayne Rooney says teams around Europe will start to fear the Three Lions after their 4-0 win over Lithuania at Wembley to maintain their 100 per cent record in Euro 2016 qualifying.

The Manchester United forward opened the scoring for Roy Hodgson's side after just six minutes before Danny Welbeck added a second and Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane both scored their first international goals.

Roy Hodgson's side have now won all seven of their matches since exiting the World Cup during the group stage, and Rooney believes their form will have other sides worrying about facing them.

"I think since the World Cup we've been fantastic," he told ITV Sport. "Some great victories, we're scoring goals, really energetic team, a lot of pace and I think a lot of teams around Europe will be looking at this team and they'll be frightened."

The former Everton forward was replaced by Kane in the 71st minute, and the substitute made an immediate impact as he headed in a debut goal with just his third touch.

And Rooney was full of praise for the Tottenham striker, saying: "Fantastic. International football is different, so to score after 80 seconds is incredible for Harry. We're all delighted and hopefully it's the first of many."

Kane himself described scoring on his debut as "a dream come true", though he was unable to recall the details of his memorable strike.

"It's the start that I dreamed of, and to see it come true is just amazing," he said. "It's all a bit of a blur but I'm delighted, delighted for the lads and the most important thing is we got the win.

"To represent your country at senior level is the top and hopefully I can continue to do it and keep doing well."