Danilo Petrucci and his crew chief Daniele Romagnoli are two key newcomers at Pramac Racing for the 2015 MotoGP™ season.

The Desmosedici 14.1 however is not an unknown element for Romagnoli, who spent the 2014 MotoGP season at Ducati with Cal Crutchlow.

Looking back to the MotoGP test at Valencia at the end of the 2014 season, Romagnoli said, “The three days were beyond our expectations. We started very quietly to let Danilo get used to the bike. On the second day was the great surprise, he set the fastest time in the wet. I knew he was fast in wet conditions and so is the Ducati, but what struck me was the immediate rapport the rider was able to create with the bike.”

“On the third day we worked on the set up to let Danilo understand how to adapt to the rear grip and how to handle the power. The seventh fastest time made our day and we all went home happy.”

Regarding his new adventure working with Petrucci, the crew chief added, “I’ve found him to be a humble guy, very focused on details. He had many questions on the working methods at Ducati and on what has been done over the last few years. He listened a lot and this is a sign of great maturity. Moreover, he knows that the best thing to do is to build team chemistry through detailed and effective communication. That makes everybody work better together. From a technical point of view, Danilo is a very good rider in the braking zone. And one of the highlights of Ducati is exactly the braking zone. Should he understand it in depth, he can exploit the full potential of the bike.”

On his first impressions with the Pramac Racing Team, Romagnoli added, “There is a great atmosphere and enthusiasm. It's true. Danilo’s team is practically new. We need to work hard together. We know the bike and working methods of Ducati and this is a great advantage for us.”

Looking ahead to the Sepang 1 MotoGP test he also commented, “After the winter, the initial step is to get reacquainted with the bike. Sepang is very different from Valencia. Once Danilo has reached a good level of performance we will start to work to find the most suitable set-up to enhance his skills. Sepang is also important because Ducati will provide an electronics evolution for the 14.1. During the season further updates will be introduced to improve the performance of the bike.”