Luis Enrique's side proved too much for its rival to handle at the Bernabeu, as a 4-0 thumping moved the Catalans six points clear of Madrid at the top of the table
Real Madrid boss Rafael Benitez accepted the blame for his side's 4-0 humbling at the hands of Barcelona, insisting that he selected the wrong starting XI for the Clasico.
Goals from Luis Suarez and Neymar saw Madrid trailing by two goals at halftime, before Andres Iniesta and again Suarez piled even more misery on the home side after the interval.

"It has not gone as we wanted. We wanted to push, attack, get the ball fast. We have made some mistakes and we have paid for it." Benitez said at a news conference.
"We wanted players of quality and experience. After the game, I must say I chose the wrong XI. This group has the quality to do it better than we did. We are all responsible and we must find a reaction.

"We wanted to attack and win back the ball high up the field but it didn't come off. We're all responsible for it not going well, now we look for unity in the group and to try and sort this out in the next game.
"Now we have to train hard and work hard to improve. I hope the team can recover quickly. When you lose in this way there is a worry as to how the players will react. At halftime they were angry and at the end of the game there was little to say. I won’t talk about a lack of desire in my team."
Madrid trails La Liga leader Barcelona by six points following the Clasico.