Tito Rabat has been training as hard as ever during the off season as he prepares to defend the Moto2™ title in 2015.

If the Spanish rider can retain the intermediate class crown he will be the first man to do so since the category was restructured as Moto2 in 2010 and that is his aim as he approaches the forthcoming season with the new-look Estrella Galicia Marc VDS Team.

Describing his mentality as the defending champion Rabat explained, “Last year was the same as everyone said I was the favourite and I had to win, even though I had only finished third in the championship the year before. Now it’s true I was the first. Anyway, I will go race by race and try to prepare and to do my best. Try to give it 100% in the races and this is what I will do. Sure I will have pressure but I like that and no-one can put more pressure on me than I put on myself.”

Speaking to motogp.com at the GSeries in Andorra, Rabat also commented on how he has spent the winter months. He said, “I have spent a lot of time at Almeria. I have been relaxing a lot, working a little every day but then spending time at home, relaxing, not doing too much. Just recovering energy and strength, now I feel much better than in November! Now I will step it up a bit to get some rhythm and in the middle of February we will start testing with the team.”