Paris Saint-Germain remain reluctant to part with Javier Pastore but will sanction a transfer if the terms are right, claims his agent.

The Argentine playmaker has been linked with a move away from Parc des Princes for some time now amid fierce competition for places.

PSG have continued to bolster their attacking ranks in recent windows, with the likes of Julian Draxler, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe joining Angel di Maria, Edinson Cavani and Lucas Moura in the French capital.

Allowing some of those short on game time to head elsewhere is now an option being considered, with former Palermo star Pastore being heavily linked with a return to Italy at Inter.

The 28-year-old’s representative has suggested that a deal could be done, with Marcelo Simonian telling Sky Sport: "In theory, the player is not for sale, but PSG will not oppose a solution which makes everybody happy.”

Inter are prepared to test PSG’s resolve, with the Serie A heavyweights ready to make an approach.

They are hoping to reach an agreement which will take Pastore to the San Siro on an initial loan agreement which includes the option to complete a permanent transfer in the summer.

A deal such as that would allow the South American to get back up to speed before committing to a long-term contract.

Pastore, who has also been linked with Liverpool and Tottenham, has been restricted to just 17 appearances at PSG this season, with only eight starts made in Ligue 1.

He recently told reporters on the need for him to find minutes elsewhere: “I am very happy in Paris, but I haven’t made any decisions yet. All I want is to play more regularly so I can go to the World Cup. Not being in the tournament because I stayed here and didn’t play would be very painful for my career."

Pastore has been with the French giants since 2011, having been one of the first high-profile additions made following the arrival of Qatari investment at Parc des Princes.