Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is demanding victory over Manchester City on Sunday.

Chelsea completed the double over City in the Premier League last season but Mourinho has dismissed previous results as irrelevant.

"What happened last year and seasons before I don't think has a relation to this season. It's a completely different story,” said Mourinho.

"It doesn't matter the record we had last season against City. We respect them totally, because they deserve that respect, but at the same time we believe in us and we want to win.
v
Live Ford Super Sunday
Man City vs Chelsea

September 21, 2014, 3:30pm
Sky Sports 1 HD

Remote Record

Get a Sky Sports Pass
Upgrade to Sky Sports

"Can we go there and win like we did last season? Obviously we can, but can we lose? We also can. And I don't think statistics play a part in this.

"I want to win this game to get three points. I'm totally focused on three points and the Premier League 2015, (rather) than history."

Chelsea's momentum was checked by Schalke in midweek as the Blues began their Champions League Group G campaign with a draw; City started theirs against German opposition also, losing at Bayern Munich.

"We had four victories, we couldn't win two days ago," Mourinho added.

"We were always scoring three, four, five, six goals and in the last match we scored only one.

"We try to improve in every aspect. The perfect situation is to score a lot of goals and not concede. We have to chase that perfection."