AFTER 244 NRL games, Parramatta co-captain Beau Scott has decided to hang up the boots.

The 34-year-old forward, who was off-contract at the end of 2018, sadly wasn’t able to go out on his own terms after suffering an ACL injury earlier this season.

Scott made his debut with Cronulla in 2005 before moving to St George Illawarra where he played six seasons and won the 2010 grand final.

He signed with Newcastle in 2013 and spent three seasons there before joining the Eels.

In addition to club duties, he played three Tests for Australia, 11 Origins for NSW and three games for NSW Country.

“I feel privileged to have played the great game of rugby league professionally for the past fourteen years, and I’m grateful for the opportunities and experiences that have come with it,” Scott said.

“I would like to thank all of the players, coaches and support staff who I have been associated with throughout my career, and I’d like to acknowledge and thank all the fans and members who have supported me over such a long period.”

Scott said he and his family are looking forward to the next phase of their lives and he plans to further his involvement in Arcade Trader, an arcade and vending company, while preparing to launch a new app called Sign Time.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
NRL debut: Cronulla v Melbourne, round 22, 2005

Eels debut: Parramatta v Broncos, round 1, 2016

NRL games: 244

NRL tries: 32

Premiership: 2010 (St George Illawarra)

Rep honours:
- State of Origin for NSW (2010-12)

- Kangaroos (2011, 2014)

- NSW Country (2009, 2012, 2014)