Toronto Raptors coach Nick Nurse's frustration boiled over after a 95-86 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Sunday, with the coach directing his ire at officials for not calling fouls made against star Kawhi Leonard.

Nurse was particularly alarmed that Leonard had only four free throws in the loss despite Leonard's work around the rim.

"Tonight was a very severe case of a guy who was playing great, taking it to the rim, and just absolutely getting held, grabbed, poked, slapped, hit and everything. And they refused to call any of it," Nurse told reporters. "It was unbelievable to me. You can't tell me one of the best players in the league takes a hundred hits in that game and shoots four free throws."

"It's ridiculous," Nurse added. "The guy is one of the best players in the league. He doesn't complain. They just turn their head and go the other way. It's been going on all year."

Leonard had 29 points and 14 rebounds for the Eastern Conference-leading Raptors, who finished 2-2 on their road trip.

Leonard made all four of his free throw attempts on Sunday. He agreed with his coach's assessment but shrugged it off.

"It's been very physical. I just go with the next play," Leonard said. "I pride myself on just keep moving and keep going."