JAMAICAN Rain opened her stakes-winning account by making Saturday’s Glasshouse Handicap a one-act affair and connections immediately flagged Group 1 ambitions in the spring.

Bevan Laming, representing his son Richard, who had runners in Darwin on Saturday, labelled the Myer Classic as a potential spring target.

It gave Tegan Harrison a third stakes race since returning from injury, having won the Listed Gold Coast Cup on Dreams Aplenty, the Group 3 Dark Jewel Classic at Scone on Siren’s Fury and now the Glasshouse.

Jamaican Rain was scratched from a Listed mile race at Doomben last week, with connections deciding to wait a week hoping for a wet track and their wish was granted.

“I said to Tegan just sit and wait because it’s a long way home here and she hadn’t raced for a few weeks, but she can handle that,” Laming said. “She will go onto the Tatt’s Mile, then she will spell here. We think she’s good enough for a race like the Myer Classic.

“Richard bought her at the sales, didn’t pay a lot for her. She has an unusual pedigree, she’s by Manhattan Rain from a Redoute’s Choice mare and they are half brothers.

“She’s a magnificent type of horse. Irrelevant of what she’s by, she’s a standout mare.

“It was just too firm last week. This is the race we targeted.”

Harrison had Laming’s words ringing in her ear soon after she cornered.

“I came up to I’m A Rippa under a grip and thought, ‘he’s going to think I’m going too soon, but I’m going to have to in a sec’, but the rest is history,” she said.

Earlier, stewards took a long time to dismiss the objection by Ron Stewart (Rocky Supreme) against the winner Super Suave (Brad Stewart) in the $100,000 Sprinters Series Final.

The dismissed verdict meant Brad Stewart built further on his outstanding record aboard Super Suave. He has ridden the Liam Birchley trained gelding six times, for five wins. In nine starts for other riders, Super Suave is yet to notch a single win.

Stewart came out very late in the race and the pair brushed close to the line.

“Brad’s was getting tired and wobbled out. Mine would have kept grinding away and getting off balance on the heavy track made the difference,” Ron Stewart said.

Brad Stewart countered that it was a slogging finish and that his rival did not have to stop riding at any point.

“I made slight contact but I came from well behind the second placegetter and headed him,” he said. “Once I got in front I felt I was going to hold a margin all the way to the line.”

The lengthy time it took from when the hearing ended to when parties were called back into the room had many thinking the objection was upheld, but Chief Steward James Williamson said the panel concluded incident was too close to the line to reverse the placings.

“We can’t be satisfied the brush has made any difference to the result,” he said.