Victorians Sophie Molineux and Georgia Wareham will make their one-day international debuts after being included in Australia’s XI for the opening one-day international against Pakistan in Kuala Lumpur.

Left-arm spinner Molineux was presented with ODI cap No.138 by vice-captain Rachael Haynes, while her state and WBBL teammate – and housemate – Wareham was handed cap No.139 by assistant coach Shelley Nitschke ahead of the toss at Kinrara Academy Oval.

The pair will form a three-pronged spin attack with off-spinner Ashleigh Gardner for the opening game of the three-match series, and their skills will immediately be called upon after Pakistan captain Javeria Khan won the toss and opted to bat.

Molineux, who made her T20I debut in March, makes her debut after a breakout T20I series against New Zealand that saw her step up superbly with the ball in place of injured Jess Jonassen, while Wareham has been rewarded after a promising start to her 20-over career against the White Fenrs earlier this month.

"Sophie is very level headed, she’s got a good temperament and she doesn’t really get flustered," Australia captain Meg Lanning said on Wednesday.

"It suits short-format cricket because you’re going to get batters who come after you.

"She’s settled in really nicely in the New Zealand series and I’m looking forward to seeing how she goes."

Wareham, 19, impressed in Australia’s sole warm-up game on Tuesday, taking 5-19 from 7.4 overs against a local team.

"It was really good getting back into one-day cricket and to get a few wickets under my belt was really good," Wareham reflected following Tuesday's match.

"We're really looking to build on the series against New Zealand, and getting back into the one-day stuff to put together a perfect game in all three aspects."

Wareham, who has collected two international wickets to date, said she was always looking to improve as she prepares to tackle Pakistan for the first time.

"The ball could be coming out better, it always can be. But I just need to back myself going forward," she said.

"I think for me it's about being really attacking with the ball and looking to really spin the ball and create chances."

Australia, who sit top of the ODI rankings, have never lost to seventh-ranked Pakistan in any format, but are playing them in entirely foreign conditions in Kuala Lumpur.

All three matches count towards the ICC's Women's ODI Championship, a four-early round robin tournament that determines automatic qualification for the next 50-over World Cup, and victory in the series would secure crucial points for Lanning's team.

"We're looking forward to playing against good opposition in Pakistan, it's going to be challenging in conditions we're not accustomed to," Lanning said ahead of Australian training on Wednesday.

"The Women's Championship is it's a great concept, it means every match is really important.

"We need to win every game here to keep in touch (with the top of the table), and I love that there's expectation and pressure on every game."

The Pakistan Cricket Board will live stream both the ODI and T20I matches throughout the series, while live scores will be available on cricket.com.au and the Cricket Australia Live App.