The 21-year-old joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.

"This is a dream come true for me, a new chapter in my life and one that I am looking forward to," said Depay.

United manager Louis van Gaal said the Netherlands international has the potential to become "a great footballer for this club".

Depay completed a medical at United last month but the move has only just been finalised.

He finished the season as Eredivisie's top scorer with 22 goals as PSV secured their first Dutch title since 2008.

"I have been at PSV Eindhoven since I was 12 years old and I would like to thank them for everything," added Depay, who has 16 Netherlands caps.

"It was a great moment when we won the league and I was so happy to be part of that."

Former Netherlands manager Van Gaal is looking forward to working with Depay again.

"I know Memphis well from our time working together in the Netherlands national team," said the United boss.

"He is a young versatile player who has the ability to play in a number of different positions.

"It will take time for Memphis to get used to the rhythm of the Premier League.

"But I have no doubt that he has the potential to become a great footballer for this club and he is at the right club to continue the good work he has done so far."