Tiger Woods made his first Masters cut since 2015 this week, and he shot his best round of the tournament during Saturday's third round.

After two straight over-par rounds, Woods fought back to shoot par 72 in Round 3. Woods, still 4 over for the tournament, finished his third round with three birdies and three bogeys.

"Again, I didn't play the par‑5s well and I didn't hit a lot of good iron shots," Woods said after his round. "It was the same as yesterday. Boy, I'm putting so well today, this week. I'm hitting so many good putts, they're just not going in. But I'm not hitting it close enough. I'm not getting up there and not taking advantage of the par‑5s and consequently a good round is even par."

Though out of contention, Woods still sees Sunday's final round as an opportunity to improve and build on the success he has had so far this season.

"Hopefully I can hit my irons better. It's been scratchy this week. I just haven't gotten it done," Woods said. "I feel like I'm driving it better than I have all year, but I am not capitalizing on it. And when I did miss, I missed in the wrong spots. My swing's just off with my irons just at the wrong time."

Woods had a comical moment Saturday on the par-3 12th. After hitting his tee shot in the water each of the first two days, Woods stuck his tee shot to within 10 feet in Round 3, leading to a par. But it was his antics on the tee box that had all the patrons nearby laughing.

"How about that? You know, I just, I just couldn't do it three days in a row I just couldn't do it," Woods said in regards to hitting his tee shot in the water on 12. "And I gave it a little bit more gas on it and made sure that I was long if I did miss, and I hit a good one in there. And missed the putt, but, hey, you know, that's a lot easier to play the hole from the green than it is dropping.

"It's a tough little hole. I hit two terrible golf shots, though. They weren't close to being dry. So it's just the way it is. You can hit marginal shots there and get hosed, but those weren't marginal shots, those were just terrible golf shots."