The Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix saw Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez extend his winning streak to ten as teammate Pedrosa recovered to fourth.

Marquez claimed Spain’s 100th premier class victory and his 10th successive win of the season at the world famous Brickyard. The MotoGP™ World Champion becomes the first rider since Mick Doohan in 1997 to win ten successive premier class races.

A slow start off the line had Marquez some way down the order and allowed Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) to make an early break. A three-way battle quickly emerged between Rossi, Marquez and Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) as Dovizioso’s tyres began to fade.

Lap 11 saw Marquez take the lead with an impressive move on the Yamaha pair, going on to win by just under two seconds from Lorenzo.

Teammate Pedrosa gambled with a hard front tyre on the newly resurfaced Indianapolis track. The Spaniard was able to fight back and get up to fourth position after qualifying in eighth.

Repsol Honda now lead the team championship by a comfortable 137 points over the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team.

“The race was very hard, especially as the track temperature was very high. I struggled a little with the front tyre so I stayed behind Rossi to try to keep the front tyre cool. I tried to push but then the rear started sliding! Eventually I was able to open the gap and take 25 points,” said Marquez.

He added, “We will try to fight for the victory in Brno. The test we had went well but it was very slippery so we don’t have too much data. I have never gone great there and Jorge and Vale are very strong there.”

Pedrosa added, “Overall it has been a difficult weekend in which at no point did I feel good on the bike. We couldn't find a good setup in practice. Then in the race, although I was able to move up a few places, I was always off the pace if I was going to fight for the podium.”