Chalk this one up to another weird injury report.

The Celtics announced Friday, Marcus Smart will be out two weeks due to lacerations he sustained on his hand from a non-basketball injury.

This in and of itself is not weird, but when Smart apologized to fans for hurting himself, that is when things got bizarre.

"I want to take this time to express my sincerest apologies to my teammates, coaches, and most of all the amazing Boston Celtics fans," Smart wrote on Twitter. "I'm embarrassed and disappointed in my actions. I swiped at and hit a picture frame on the wall. I feel like I let all y'all down."

This isn't the first time a player has sustained an injury off the field when taking a swipe at something. White Sox prospect Michael Kopech missed several months after breaking his hand in a fight with a teammate. Former No. 1 overall pick by the Yankees Brien Taylor suffered an injury defending his brother in a fist-fight, and Carlos Boozer once suffered a six-to-eight week injury putting his fist through a wall celebrating the end of the NBA lockout.

Smart is simply the latest in the line of these injuries.

"I promise I will learn from this situation and come back better than ever," Smart wrote. "I love y'all and I truly appreciate all the support."