The Ivorian's representative has not reacted kindly to what he perceives as a blatant act of disrespect being shown to the current manager at the Etihad Stadium

Manchester City "screwed" Manuel Pellegrini with news of Pep Guardiola's appointment and destroyed dressing room harmony in the process, according to Yaya Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk.

Speculation was rife that the 2013 Premier League champions were interested in bringing the outgoing Bayern Munich coach once he had confirmed he would not be extending his time in Bavaria beyond the current campaign.

However, City did not wait until the end of the season to announce the Catalan's arrival, with Guardiola penning a three-year contract with the Etihad outfit in February.

The news coincided with a period of bleak form for Pellegrini's men who saw their title challenge fall by the wayside, and Seluk has blasted the club's board for sabotaging the efforts of the manager and his squad.

"Making the announcement about Guardiola destroyed the spirit of the dressing room," Toure's representative told reporters.

"[City director] Txiki [Begiristain] has screwed Pellegrini. He has shown him no respect. The players know that there are going to be big changes in the summer and that it doesn’t matter how well they do - they will be out.

"It was a catastrophic mistake. Yes, City enjoyed a good result against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League, but they should have also won the Premier League.

“Now, it’s a struggle for them to even qualify for the Champions League and, in my opinion, I don’t think they will finish in the top four.

“The players read every day that they are going to be sold. Many of them have lost their motivation – and so has the manager.

“I speak every day with Yaya and I know this is a fact. The dressing room has not been a good place to work. I don’t think the players have any respect for the way that Guardiola has been appointed when Pellegrini has the job.

“Why should the players and the manager want to get Pep Guardiola into the Champions League next season when they will be out? The people who decided to make the announcement during the season are very stupid.”