"I didn't want to send my name at first because I thought no one is going to pick me." © BCCI

Mushfiqur Rahim has stressed going unsold in IPL Auction hasn't bothered him. Both Rahim and Mustafizur Rahman went unsold in the auction in Kolkata as Pat Cummins became the highest paid overseas player in the league - bagging a Rs 15.50 crore contract with Kolkata Knight Riders.

"Things like this [being picked or snubbed in the IPL auction table] either happen or they don't but it doesn't bother me too much," Mushfiqur said. "I had some hope but it didn't happen. Life moves on. I have never taken it seriously. Now we are playing in BPL and I want to focus on it."

Mushfiqur, according to reports, wasn't keen to enter the auction but decided to throw his hat in the ring after interest from a franchise. "To be honest, I didn't want to send my name at first because I thought no one is going to pick me. So there was no point in keeping my name there," he said.

"But when they [IPL authorities] sent in the request, I thought there may be some chance this time. It did not happen but it is not in my control. It is not a big issue for me. I don't know a lot about it. I got to know from [media] about which franchises might be interested. I don't know anything other than that."

Apart from Rahim, the Bangladesh Cricket Board had allowed Mustafizur to enter the auction so that the pacer is able to regain lost form if he's picked. Mustafizur has played 24 IPL matches and has 24 wickets while Rahim hasn't featured in the league so far.