Lewis Gregory made his England debut in the T20I series against New Zealand in November © Getty

Three more teams have confirmed their captains for the first edition of The Hundred which will take place this summer. Somerset captain Lewis Gregory will lead the men's Trent Rockets team while England all-rounder Natalie Sciver will captain the Rockets' women's team. New Zealand captain Sophie Devine has also been confirmed as captain of Birmingham Phoenix's women's team.

All-rounder Gregory has had a busy few months. He made his England debut in the T20I series against New Zealand in November and went from there to play in the Bangladesh Premier League. He then captained the England Lions on their recent tour to Australia and is currently playing in the PSL for Peshawar Zalmi. He is renowned as a canny operator with the ball and one of the most explosive late-order hitters in county cricket, with an overall T20 strike rate of 146.17.

Stephen Fleming, Trent Rockets men's team head coach, said: "Lewis has all the attributes required to skipper our side this year and I'm confident he'll get the best out of our talented squad. He's got a good temperament on the field and works well with his players to achieve results. He's also one of the best white-ball all-rounders in the country, who will add a huge amount to the team."

Sciver scored three half-centuries in four innings for England during the recent Women's T20 World Cup and is currently ranked third in the T20 world rankings for all-rounders. She captained Surrey Stars to the Kia Super League title in 2018 and will play for the Rockets alongside her fiance Katherine Brunt. Australian duo Elyse Villani and Sophie Molineux will also play for the Nottingham-based team with one overseas spot still to be filled.

Salliann Briggs, Trent Rockets women's team head coach, said: "I've known Nat for a long time since her early years in the sport, so I can't wait to work with her again now she's one of the world's best players. She has impressed as a captain in domestic competitions before and I have full confidence she'll get the best out of the squad in The Hundred. Her international experience in one of the world's best short-format teams will undoubtedly help our chances of success this year."

Like Sciver, Devine will also be heading to the Midlands but to Birmingham rather than Nottingham. She led New Zealand during their disappointing T20 World Cup campaign although showed her class yet again with an unbeaten 75 against Sri Lanka in the group stages, continuing her good form from the Women's Big Bash when she was named Player of the Tournament having scored 769 runs and taken 19 wickets for Adelaide Strikers.

The 30 year-old will bring 196 international caps worth of knowledge to a Phoenix group which will include Australian all-rounder Ashleigh Garnder. Devine also has plenty of previous experience of playing in England. She has played for Loughborough Lightning and Yorkshire Diamonds in the Kia Super League as well as for Warwickshire women in 2017 and 2018.

Ben Sawyer, Birmingham Phoenix women's team head coach, said: "Sophie was the first international player we selected for Birmingham Phoenix and I've always admired the way she goes about her game. She's an outstanding bowler and her batting is just as good, as demonstrated in the recent Women's Big Bash League where she reinforced her position as one of the world's best.

"Having seen a lot of her with New Zealand, it's clear that she is a natural leader and her experience in the international arena, and with Warwickshire, makes her the ideal candidate to lead Birmingham Phoenix. I have no doubt that she will do a great job."