LaVar Ball has an explanation for the Lakers' slump.

The outspoken father of rookie Lonzo Ball believes Luke Walton has lost the team, saying the coach's inexperience shows in his inability to relate to players.

"You can see they're not playing for Luke no more," LaVar said, via ESPN. "Luke doesn't have control of the team no more. They don't want to play for him.
"That's a good team. Nobody wants to play for him. I can see it. No high five's when they come out of the game. People don't know why they're in the game. He's too young. He's too young. ... He ain't connecting with them anymore. You can look at every player, he's not connecting with not one player."

LaVar, who remains in Lithuania with his two youngest boys, LaMelo and LiAngelo, as they prepare to make their professional debuts, has a history of being critical of his sons' coaches. This time, he believes Walton isn't the right man to lead the Lakers no matter how many stars are on the squad.

"LeBron's coming to LA. I know he's coming to LA," LaVar said. "LeBron is not a fool. What's the only way he can beat Jordan? You can't get more championships. Only one way, to say every team I've gone to I've won a championship. Go to Lakers and win a championship, then you're better than Jordan. You can't give my son the best player in the league, and don't expect them not to win.

"Even if you bring in a LeBron or a (Paul) George, he can't coach them guys. What is he gonna tell them? He's too young. He has no control."
The Lakers dropped their nine straight game Friday to the Hornets.

The last-place Lakers (11-27) will look to snap their skid when they host the Hawks (10-28), who are in last place in the Eastern Conference, at 9:30 p.m. ET Sunday.