Abu Jayed picked up four wickets in the Indian innings in Indore. © AFP

Bangladesh pace bowler Abu Jayed said on Sunday (November 17) that they are not too worried about the lack of pace in their bowling attack as they are confident line and length will do the trick for them when they take on the hosts in the day-night Test match at Eden Gardens, scheduled from November 22. It will be the first game with the pink ball both these sides.

According to Jayed, who was the only shining spot for Bangladesh in the opening Test where the visitors were humiliated inside three days, neither they nor their new bowling coach Charl Langeveldt is too worried with pace. "We need to focus on line and length," Jayed told reporters at the Indore stadium before joining the nets. "Good line and length is the key to thrive in Tests. Bowl at the right line and length creates chances and we had quite a lot of chances [in the opening Test].

"Lang's bowling philosophy is that we should not get too bogged down because of our lack of pace. A lot of Indian pacers are doing really well with not much pace. Follow the line they are bowling at. Don't worry about the pace, just try to bowl at the right spots," he said adding that the pink ball isn't something that's totally new to him.

''My brother got me a pink ball from England some 8-10 months ago. That was the first time when I saw a pink ball in person. He used to play with pink balls over there in England. I did not have the opportunity to bowl with that pink ball but I did some seaming. I still have that ball at home. Today (Sunday) will be my first practice session with pink ball. Our squad did have a practice session with the pink ball back at Dhaka but I was playing at NCL (National Cricket League) at that time," he said.

"Today we have a practice session, after bowling with it I will understand the difference. I will discuss about our strategy [with the pink ball] with my coaches. As the ball is a new one, we also need to measure the amount of movement the ball gives off. I should also get a hold of the amount of swing that is on offer," he further added.

On a personal note, Jayed said that he was elated picking up the wicket of Virat Kohli while adding that he was not too frustrated for not getting picked in the Test squad as Bangladesh are heavily reliant on spin while playing at home. The 26-year-old consistently found a hint of swing and seam through the course of the Indian innings and picked up the crucial wickets of Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Cheteshwar Pujara. He could have even ended up with a five-for, but Imrul Kayes dropped a sitter in the slip cordon on Day 1.

"It's not frustrating; I don't bother about missed chances too much," he said. "I believe it's part of cricket. I do accept that catches are supposed to be held on to but one can't change the past by thinking about it. If I keep thinking about the missed chances it will affect me adversely. That's why I try to create more chances at times like these because they might take those ones. For example, Saif took a great catch which dismissed Pujara (Cheteshwar), it is also a part of cricket.

"It was an amazing feeling to dismiss the two best batsmen of our times. Getting Virat Kohli's wicket was like a dream come true. I don't think much about not getting Test call-ups. I always try to make it count when I get the opportunity. Even when we played that Test with a single pacer, I was the one to make the cut. So, I always have that zeal to prove my myself whether it is in matches or at the nets."

Jayed added that he had taken a few tips from Mohammad Shami and keenly followed how the Indian pace bowlers bowled against them in the opening Test at Indore. "They are very senior Test bowlers and they have played a lot of Tests and I was watching how they bowl," Jayed admitted. "I spoke with [Mohammad] Shami bhai yesterday [Saturday]. As me and Shami bhai both are seam bowlers I have followed his bowling. In the match I was observing his bowling carefully."