It's easy to see why JuJu Smith-Schuster enjoyed his rookie season so much. The 21-year-old Steelers wide receiver isn't afraid to act his age on the field.

"I'm young, so I'm on the field with guys who I watched and played video games with," Smith-Schuster told Sporting News on Friday. "I'm pretty much like a fanboy on the field."

Smith-Schuster, who participated in a youth skills clinic in conjunction with Panini at Super Bowl 52 festivities Friday, enjoyed a debut season in which he finished with 917 receiving yards and seven TDs. He became another exciting offensive piece around star players Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell, and Antonio Brown.

"Because of AB and Le'Veon getting double-teams I pretty much came in just eating off their plate," Smith-Schuster said. "Every opportunity I got I just tried to take advantage of it."

The Steelers also went viral for their team end-zone celebrations as part of a 13-3 season. Smith-Schuster said several of those celebrations were planned on game day, and the spontaneous feel added to the fun.

He has taken his engaging personality into the offseason. On Feb. 1, Smith-Schuster tweeted a picture of Cavaliers superstar LeBron James, a former high school receiver, wearing a Steelers jersey.
It's a case where Smith-Schuster meant to press send.

Time for the next big move @Kingjames 😈🔥 #LeBron2018 pic.twitter.com/HSnkrS9xgV
— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) February 1, 2018

"Everyone's out there saying LeBron should go here, LeBron should play for the Warriors and I thought, 'No, LeBron should just come to Pittsburgh,'" Smith-Schuster said. “We can throw him alley-oops and fades in the red zone for touchdowns. Why not? He would start for sure. I'll even give him my spot."
Bell also joined in on the fun.

ayeeee, I'm with @TeamJuJu, let's make it happen @Kingjames 🔥😈... pic.twitter.com/mzMXWgbrwO
— Le'Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) February 1, 2018
That's a modest indicator the Steelers should be able to weather the aftermath of a 45-42 loss to the Jaguars in the AFC divisional playoffs on Jan. 14 as Smith-Schuster heads into his second season. Offensive coordinator Todd Haley was relieved of those duties and replaced by quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner. Bell's contract situation is a constant talking point, and Roethlisberger will turn 36 in March.

Smith-Schuster also learned some lessons about the AFC North as a rookie. He was suspended for one game after a vicious hit on Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict in a 23-20 Pittsburgh victory on Dec. 4. The hit became another chapter in the saga of an increasingly bitter rivalry.
"The rivalry is crazy, but at the same the time it's the physical play of both teams and the history of it," Smith-Schuster said. "When you're going into a game against Cincinnati or Baltimore or Cleveland you just know it's going to be a physical game."

Smith-Schuster said his goals heading into Year 2 include learning how to see the field like a quarterback instead of just a receiver. He's also confident the Steelers will return all the right pieces to an offense that averaged 25.4 points per game in 2017.
"Right now the hard part is just getting everybody under contract and everybody signed," Smith-Schuster said. "But this is the NFL, and if it happens that we do have the opportunity to come together again we'll be a way more dominant team."

Smith-Schuster worked with Panini during Super Bowl week festivities to allow kids to get in on the experience at a skills clinic with fellow players and NFL Draft prospects. Panini is offering trading cards for the Super Bowl-winning team at PaniniInstant.com on Feb. 7.
"You put the kids together and say, 'Why not do it?'" Smith-Schuster said. "It's awesome to be out there and support them and great to give back