A once noted, "If you ain't got no sauce, then you're lost. But you can also get lost in the sauce."

Former NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel knows this all too well, as he admits he, "got lost in the sauce." Taking to Twitter Thursday afternoon, the failed NFL quarterback sent multiple tweets regarding his current state of mind, and why 2016 was a bad year for him.

MORE:

No lie.. I was a douche in 2016 I'm just trying to be a good PERSON again#LostInTheSauce
— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2)

Haven't been this happy in a long time man. I appreciate all the people in my life who reached out during the truly rough patches in '16

In addition to admitting to his faults, the former Heisman winner addressed recent rumors. There were reports he would be charging $50 for a selfie taken with him in front of the Super Bowl. He says those reports are false.

Just had this brought to to my attention. I'm not charging a penny for a damn "selfie" at the super bowl. Dumbest thing I've ever heard

I'm doing this signing for the people (especially Texans) who have stuck with me through all the mistakes I've made these past years