Jared Goff just can't stop the Rams' woes from persisting.

The Rams quarterback and No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL Draft threw two picks in Saturday's loss to the lowly San Francisco 49ers, including one in the final minute of the game that ended the team's hopes of a comeback after blowing a two-touchdown lead.

Afterward, Goff was critical of his performance and admitted there's room for improvement.

"I thought there were some good things we did, I thought there were some, obviously, bad things I did," Goff said, . "We need to be better. I need to be better — I need to be better for us to win."

With the loss, the Rams extended their losing streak to six games and allowed the 49ers to snap their 13-game skid. Goff, who finished the day 11 of 24 for 90 yards and a touchdown, felt the need to apologize to the fans who came out on Christmas Eve hoping to see the Rams dismantle their division and interstate rivals.

MORE:

Goff promised change is coming.

The Rams' inaugural year in Los Angeles has been far from promising. The team fired head coach Jeff Fisher earlier this month and has flopped in 10 of its last 11 matchups after winning three of four games to start the season.