Double Olympic champion Jade Jones is hoping to cash in by winning the inaugural World Taekwondo Grand Slam Series in China.

The Welshwoman is targeting success in an event boasting financial benefits rarely afforded to taekwondo athletes.
"There is a lot of money riding on it," said Jones of the £52,000 prize.

"For taekwondo athletes when we retire, we don't have anything to fall back on and no money to have a living off. These events can set us up."
Jones has spoken about being tempted by a big-money move to MMA - mixed martial arts - after the Tokyo 2020 Games.
The Flint fighter hopes this new competition will help taekwondo rival other sports financially.

"These events can help to get a house, get what other sports have all the time," said Jones. "It would be nice to have that extra money bonus and incentive."
Jones will compete in the early hours of Saturday.

Jade Jones and Bianca Walkden train together in ManchesterThe 24-year-old took a short break from her sport after winning her second Olympic gold in Rio 2016 to compete in celebrity reality television series including Channel 4's 'The Jump'.

Jones admits she would rather focus solely on competing and hopes this sort of initiative can keep people within the sport.
"This is a big stage for a lot of money," said Jones. "I have to do a lot of media opportunities and things which come along my way.
"There are no opportunities in taekwondo for money at all. You have got to make a living, that is just a normal thing.

"With this event every year and $70,000 up for grabs, that could be your living.
"This means it's so much more beneficial for taekwondo athletes, we can just focus on training and trying to win those competitions."

'Her opponents just don't want to be there' Jones will look to follow British team-mate and housemate Bianca Walkden, who won the +67kg category in December, while Welsh fighter Lauren Williams bowed out in the quarter-finals stage of the -67kg section.

Jones, who will compete in the -57kg division, also welcomed some of the new innovations at the Grand Slam event.
"They are trying to get taekwondo bigger and better and more people interested in watching it," said Jones.

"I think it will be really good, you get to have walk-out music. The rules sound fun and a different kind of challenge and exciting.
"I don't like things to get stale and love new challenges.