JACKSON Hastings has played down his feud with former Manly teammate Daly Cherry-Evans, saying the pair had dinner together before he flew out to play for Super League club Salford.

Hastings reportedly came to blows with Cherry-Evans during the team’s Round 5 game in Gladstone, which ended in the young utility exiled to reserve grade and the Sea Eagles skipper fined $10,000 by the club.

With Manly coach Trent Barrett refusing to select Hastings in NRL despite an injury crisis, the two parties eventually agreed to part ways in June.

Hastings signed with the Red Devils weeks later and will line-up for them in their final regular season game before the Super 8s Qualifers, where they will battle it out to retain Super League status in 2019.

“It’s nothing new,” Hastings told TotalRL about the Cherry-Evans fallout.

“I’ve been smashed to pieces in the media a few times and now, it’s water off a duck’s back for me.

“They get one little bit of info and run with it to the point where it’s taken way out of proportion — and that is what happened with this.

“Me and Daly are absolutely fine; we’ve spoken on numerous occasions, had dinner together before I came over here and all sorts of things like that.

“The incident was the incident; the media got hold of it, ran with it and tried to dig into it and make something of it — but me and Daly are fine. I’m here now and looking forward to a new challenge, and he’s played State of Origin since. It’s not impacted on us, clearly.”