COLLINGWOOD swingman Darcy Moore appears poised to re-sign with the Pies, after a season of speculation he could join Sydney.

The Swans were due to decide by Wednesday whether to seriously pursue the injury-prone tall, but Moore looks set to remain in black and white.

His manager Liam Pickering is continuing negotiations, however a new deal appears imminent.

"I'd anticipate that to happen," Pickering's colleague James Pitcher from Precision Sports told NAB AFL Trade Radio.

"Pickers is still working through it with Collingwood and negotiating that."

Pitcher couldn't shed any light on the Swans' intentions to chase Moore.

"I can't exactly comment on that because Liam has had that dialogue with Sydney, so I don't really want to speak on his behalf without knowing all the facts and where that sits at the moment," he said.

Moore was a Grand Final heartbreak story after repeat hamstring setbacks limited him to just seven games this season.

The 22-year-old has remained uncontracted while the Pies have been strongly linked to Gold Coast captain Steven May, who could add much-needed key defensive support.

"I think he (Moore) can play both ends, and so does Darcy for that matter, but at the moment if he was to re-sign with Collingwood they'd potentially see him playing that back role," Pitcher said.

Meanwhile, Pitcher confirmed Gold Coast midfielder Aaron Hall wanted to be traded to North Melbourne.

Hall only managed six of his 103 career games for Gold Coast this season due to form and injury.

"Aaron's keen to get to North Melbourne," Pitcher said.

"It's obviously been a pretty tough year for Aaron after tearing his pec early in June against Geelong.

"Our intention is to look at those options at North Melbourne."

Hall could further bolster the Roos' outside run, with North set to land Port Adelaide speedster Jared Polec and courting big-name restricted free agent Andrew Gaff.

Gaff is yet to declare his intentions amid mounting speculation the West Coast star will decide to join the Roos, with the free agency period opening on Friday.