Bangladesh skipper, Mahmudullah collecting trophy after whitewashing Zimbabwe 2-0 in the T20 series © AFP

Mahmudullah, Bangladesh's T20I skipper, lauded his team's effort after their nine-wicket win in the second T20I, which helped them register their second limited-overs whitewash on a bounce, after winning the Test series, against the touring Zimbabwe side.

Mahmudullah, who is expected to lead Bangladesh in the upcoming ICC World T20, feels this series was a turning factor for them considering they had performed below-par in the recent past.

"For us, playing good cricket as well as dominating against the opponent was equally important because we were not doing well in recent times. This series was a turning point for us,'' he said. "We were favourites in every series - whether it's Test, ODI or T20I. Many a times it happens that you lose focus after you win the first game. So playing with that kind of focus was very important."

He further added the team's next goal would be to dominate the bigger teams in the coming months, just like they dominated Zimbabwe.

"I think the attitude [going forward is important]. First comes the attitude and then the performance. I think the mindset and the hunger that everyone showed, was very important,'' Mahmudullah told reporters on Wednesday (March 11).

"When we went to Pakistan, we had a discussion about why we were playing like this. Everyone thinks that we are a better team and we can give better performances. There was no doubt about this. However, we were short of something. For that reason, we were focused more on this series with these things from the beginning. These are the positives for us and we need to keep that in mind in the future that we can play such teams with dominance.

"Maybe today we got the result we were looking for but in the next series, we may not get that. But we have to believe that we can give such performances. If we move away from here, it will be difficult for us to build up. Our next goal is to have consistent performances against the big teams or the so-called big teams."