Archer expressed surprise over the fact that the spectators in the periphery didn't call the guilty one out © Getty

England fast bowler Jofra Archer has admitted that he has moved on from the racism incident that soured the final moments of the Mount Maunganui Test last week. Terming the incident "a real shame", the 24-year-old said he was looking ahead to salvaging the series for England in the second Test at Hamilton.

"I'm over it. I've left what happened at the ground and I've moved on," Archer wrote in his column for the Daily Mail.

The incident in question, already rebuked by the two boards and New Zealand captain Kane Williamson, occurred after Archer was dismissed on the final day of the opening Test with New Zealand closing in on victory. As Archer walked back to the dressing room, he was at the receiving end of a racist slur from a spectator. New Zealand Cricket have since said that a life ban and police proceedings await the perpetrator once identified. Archer, though, expressed surprise at the fact that the guilty spectator wasn't pulled up by other spectators in the stand.

"I don't want to go into the details of what was said but I know what I heard," Archer wrote. "I thought members of the crowd around the guy might have pulled him up because I could hear him from the pitch as I was walking off.

"I guess they didn't. But I know I wasn't hearing stuff. I told the security guard what had happened and that was it. Now my only goal is to make sure we finish this series on a high because we were all disappointed with the result in the first Test. But I found the incident a real shame. When you come to another country, you half expect fans to have a go at your cricket. If someone wants to shout at me and tell me I'm bowling badly, that's fine. I may not agree but it's fine. It's part of the experience of being a touring cricketer.

"To hear racism, though -- that's another matter. There is no time or place for it in any walk of life, let alone cricket. It's just not called for."

The second and last Test of England's two-match assignment gets underway in Hamilton on Friday (November 29).