Lewis Jetta has revealed he strained his right calf in the second quarter of West Coast’s thrilling win over Collingwood.

The smooth-moving half-back said he tried to push through the pain to help deliver the Eagles a fourth premiership.

“I think I strained my calf in the second quarter, so it’s just another strain ... I’m full of strained calves all year, but I just keep fighting through them,” Jetta said. “I am mentally strong, plus my fiancee as well and my kids have kept me strong and kept me positive so all I can do, when the boys need me, I just keep fighting through.

“I looked at (Liam) Duggan and I said: ‘Duggo, you’ve got to help me out a couple of times here man. I am trying to run, but I can’t, you have to take all the quick guys’. He was like: ‘I got you Jetts, I got you’.

“Tommy Cole as well knew, but I didn’t want all the boys to know, I just knew those guys play similar roles. There was no slow guys at Collingwood, they were just really fast and I just had to try and keep up.”

Jetta has been sidelined four times during the season with calf issues, with coach Adam Simpson admitting earlier in the year they were trying to work out the best way to manage it.

“I’m not too sure,” Jetta said.

“I think we’ll just suss it out in the off-season, try and get it stronger. Hopefully I have a smoother season next year.”

Jetta is now a dual premiership player, adding another medallion to go with his 2012 triumph at Sydney.

“Very special,” Jetta said.

“Words can’t describe. I get to hold another one of these and I still can’t believe it.

“I was so young (in 2012) and I just grabbed the ball and ran and that’s all I knew how to do.

“But I think I’ve matured as a player and all of my experience, I try to pass on to the young guys and it’s a grand final, so you’ve got to keep working hard and eventually it will come around and we got it done again.

“We knew we had the team to do it and it just all came together.

“I knew the boys could do it because they’re amazing players, especially the old boys that missed out in 2015. I had a feeling these guys are not going to give up until we win one.”