Swiss maestro Roger Federer continued his perfect 2018 Hopman Cup singles record with a crushing 6-1 6-1 win against Great Britain’s Cameron Norrie at RAC Arena tonight.

Federerer’s partner in the unique ITF mixed teams event Belinda Bencic sealed victory in the Group B tie when she eased past Katie Boulter 6-2 7-6 (7-0).

Bencic and Federer made it a clean sweep for Switzerland when they took out the mixed doubles rubber 4-3 (5-4) 4-1.

It was the ideal start for the Swiss pair in their title defence after overcoming Germans Alexander Zverev and Angelique Kerber 2-1 in the final of Hopman Cup 30 earlier this year.

World No.3 Federer scored round robin victories over Russia’s Karen Khachanov, Japan’s Yuichi Sugita, and USA’s Jack Sock before edging out Zverev in three sets in the 2018 decider.

The 37-year-old started slowly, conceding the first three points of the match, before regrouping to hold his serve in the opening game.

Left-hander Norrie conceded his next two deliveries and fought off a set point in the sixth game before Federer closed out the first set in 31 minutes.

Federer was quicker out of the blocks in the second set, maintaining his dominance against the world No.91 to race to an early 2-0 lead.

He moved ahead 4-1 after another break of Norries’ serve, cruising to an almost flawless performance in a 57-minute masterclass.

Norrie found it hard to reproduce the form that carried him to an upset 7-6 (10-8) 6-4 upset win against Greek world No.15 Stefanos Tsitsipas on Saturday.

Federer said it had been pleasing to open his 2019 Australian summer campaign well against Norrie.

“I’m ready to go,” Federer said of the first match of his Hopman Cup 31.

“This was a great start but we’ve got a long, long way to go here and in Melbourne.

“It’s nice that I’m feeling as good as I am and I played a wonderful match against Cameron who I thought also played a great match against Stefanos Tsitsipas so that was quality tennis tonight.”

World No.54 Bencic found the going tougher, taking 103 minutes to edge out No.97 Boulter in the women’s singles clash.

The 21-year-old achieved breaks in the third and seventh games of the first set to lay the foundations for her victory.

Despite being challenged in the second set, Bencic found a way to guarantee Switzerland’s first up success at Hopman Cup 31.

She said it had been pleasing to start with a win against Boulter.

“It’s always great to be back in Perth,” Bencic said.

“Playing today I was always a little bit nervous as every year but I am so happy to be back.”