Aprilia Racing Team – Red Devils unveil RSV4 in Australia.

The Phillip Island starting grid was the setting on Wednesday afternoon as Aprilia Racing Team – Red Devils riders Leon Haslam and Jordi Torres officially removed the covers from their bikes ahead of the 2015 WorldSBK season.

The Anglo-Spanish riding pairing is all-new for the Italian marque, which won the title last season with Sylvain Guintoli. Ahead of the new campaign, which starts this weekend, there is much optimism within the squad.

Romano Albesiano, Aprilia Racing Manager: “We're the reigning World Champions and we have always played a key role in recent seasons. There are some variables that could change things up on the playing field, especially in terms of regulations, but we have worked hard to adapt. We have a good mix of riders and I am pleased with these first test sessions. Leon is a solid and expert rider, runner-up in the 2010 season, and he has already proven to be fast astride the RSV4. For Jordi the first races will certainly be demanding since he'll be dealing with adapting to the new category, but I think he will be able to finish among the best within a reasonably short period.”

Leon Haslam: “My goal for this season is to win, as it always is, and this year I'm pretty certain that I have the best possible technical package available to try and do just that. I fell in love with the Aprilia RSV4 from the very first laps. Performance is smooth and the electronics are my best weapon, plus I can count on a professional team that is accustomed to winning. Plus, I'm coming off my first winter break without any physical problems. I'm still not at 100% fitness but I'm improving day-by-day and I'm working with a highly skilled technical team.”

Jordi Torres: “Being on a team that has won so often in Superbike is a guarantee. I'll need to work hard to take the best possible advantage of this opportunity. This year everything is new for me: bike, team, category and even many of the circuits. I'm still working on adapting to all these changes, but I'm confident. My first sensations were very positive. My feeling is improving lap by lap and I can't wait to get down to business so I can show just what I am capable of.”