Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg hopes to continue his form and run of points finishes with a competitive showing at this weekend's Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring here.

The German has finished in points in all seven races this season, four times with a best finish of fifth.

"We have shown to be both competitive and consistent. We are in a very good position to keep scoring points but we will need to keep our guard up and keep working hard as we did from the start," Hulkenberg said on Monday.

"There will be tracks where we will be stronger and can capitalise on the opportunities we have and tracks that will be more of a challenge. I know what plans the team has for the season and I see no reason why we cannot keep battling at the level we are at now."

The 26-year-old said the circuit, which hasn't seen an F1 race since 2003, will be a completely unknown quantity.

"This race is one of the big question marks for everyone this year. The track has some long straights and a few slow corners that should suit us. The lap is quite short so the gaps between the cars will be minimal and even small mistakes can make a big difference."

Mexican team-mate Sergio Perez is also looking forward to the challenge.

"I don't really know what to expect because it's my first visit to the track but I'm really looking forward to going there. It's a circuit that not many people know and so it can give you an opportunity to find a small advantage. It's interesting and I like the look of the track layout," Perez, who scored the team's second even podium finish at the Bahrain GP in April, said.