Chris Long skipped the Super Bowl champion’s traditional White House visit last year as a member of the Patriots, and he has no plans to stop by 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue as a member of the Eagles this year, either.

Should the Eagles beat the Patriots on Sunday in Super Bowl 52, Long said he would not accept an invitation to the White House.

"No, I’m not going to the White House. Are you kidding me?," the Eagles defensive end told Barstool Sports’ "Pardon My Take" podcast Monday.
We can’t blame Barstool for asking the question, but Long’s answer could have been anticipated. He’s clearly not a fan of President Donald Trump, evidenced by his decision not to accompany his Patriots teammates last year, as well as his opposition to Trump’s stance on players protesting during the national anthem.

When Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins raised his fist during the national anthem before games this season, Long put his arm around his teammate as a show of support and solidarity.

"I just told Malcolm, ‘I’m here for you,'" Long said following a preseason game in August. "I think it’s a good time for people that look like me to be there for people that are fighting for equality."

Long also pledged to donate his entire salary from the 2017 season to initiatives aimed at boosting educational equality, a response to the racially-charged violence last summer in Charlottesville, his hometown, and a gesture that drew the praise of former President Barack Obama