CAPTAIN Shannon Hurn insists West Coast are not scarred by Lance Franklin’s round one demolition job as they prepare to face the superstar forward again on Friday night at the SCG.

The third-placed Swans are the only side to have beaten the ladder-leading Eagles this season after Franklin tore them apart with an eight-goal haul from 21 disposals at Optus Stadium on March 25.

West Coast have gone on a 10-game winning streak since that result and will hit the Sydney showdown refreshed after their mid-season bye.

“Players understand who you beat and who you don’t,” Hurn said. “To remember that (round one) was a bit hard. All I know is Franklin kicked a fair few goals.

“You need to probably play him a bit more close attention but at the same time it’s still a team effort in the back line. It’s about helping out where you can and then other times it’s just doing your job if it’s a one-on-one contest.”

Hurn backed Jeremy McGovern and Tom Barrass to handle Franklin.

McGovern, Barrass and Will Schofield, who has played only two games in 2018, spent time on Franklin in round one.

“I don’t think it (scarring) is too much,” Hurn said. “Of course if it happens over and over again it can be a test of your attitude towards how you want to play football.

“Tom Barrass is pretty competitive. It hasn’t really been spoken about too much. I think Tommy will approach it as he normally does.

“He’ll probably learn from round one. But really it’s just about backing your instincts in and playing good football.”

The Eagles will need to make at least one change to the side that beat St Kilda by 13 points in round 11. Jack Darling is sidelined with an ankle injury.

Hurn named both small and tall options Jack Petruccelle, Liam Ryan, Jarrod Brander and Nathan Vardy as potential replacements, saying the preference was to replace a forward with another forward.

Ryan looms as the wild-card after recovering from an ankle injury, but the 21-year-old has not played at any level since round three.

Ryan was showcasing his trademark leap during marking drills in yesterday’s light skills session at Subiaco Oval.

West Coast must also make room for gun midfielder Luke Shuey after four games out with a hamstring injury, while Chris Masten (hamstring) is closing in on a return.