Georges St-Pierre's anticipated return to MMA was short-lived.

UFC President Dana White on Saturday revealed St-Pierre will be out of action for the time being as he deals with a medical situation.

"They called me yesterday, and I think it’s out that he has colitis," White told MMAjunkie. "So he’s out for a minute."
St-Pierre confirmed later Saturday in a post on Facebook that he had a colonoscopy upon returning from a recent vacation and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.

“I now understand the health issues that I had during my last training camp… I hoped my condition would improve after the fight but unfortunately it got worse and I had to go straight to the hospital for a colonoscopy when I came back from vacation last Wednesday," St-Pierre wrote. "The diagnosis is ulcerative colitis and I am now taking medication that will hopefully appease the symptoms.

"My health is my #1 priority right now, I’m still a very happy man, thanks for your support!!!”

St-Pierre (26-2 MMA, 20-2 UFC) was crowned the UFC middleweight champion after a stunning win over Michael Bisping by submission on Nov. 4 in his first fight in four years