The Cowboys have lost three games in a row by a combined 70 points and players are reportedly growing frustrated with the coaching staff about the team's lack of adjustments and simple game plan as their season quickly unravels.

According to NFL Media, players are upset coaches did little to help Chaz Green in the wake of tackle Tyron Smith's injury earlier this month. They're also mad the defense has been so predictable that Chargers QB Philip Rivers was calling out blitzes pre-snap on Thursday.

Owner Jerry Jones was positive after Thursday's loss to the Chargers, saying he supports head coach Jason Garrett, star wide receiver Dez Bryant and the rest of his team, but he made sure to say he wasn't going to excuse anything that is going on.

"I'm defending because we're coming off something that is indefensible in the three types of losses we've had," Jones said on his weekly spot on 105.3 The Fan. "Yet, you've got me answering questions to defend. I don't resent it at all, but I want to put it in perspective that this is indefensible what we're doing."

While Dallas (5-6) got Smith back, they lost Pro Bowl guard Zack Martin with a head injury and are still without suspended running back Ezekiel Elliott for another three weeks. Linebacker Sean Lee, the defensive leader, did not play again because of an injured hamstring and he might miss another two games. As the Cowboys fall further behind in the NFC playoff hunt, it's hard to imagine they'll be able to make up any ground without Elliott and their other injured stars.